15 December 2006

I love it when a plan comes together

That was my favorite line in virtually every episode of The A-Team. Like my own repetition of it here, its use was usually ironic.

Due to 'interference' from my day job I had to get a week extension on the aforementioned deadline. Normally, my 'day job' is strictly 9 to 5 (okay it's actually 7 t0 5) and leaves me a fair amount of free time--all other things being equal.

Wouldn't you know it, though, that when you really need that free time it disappears under the onslaught of one problem after another at the old day job, requiring the taking home of work to solve those problems.

The extended deadline has been met, and the draft heads to the printer tomorrow. Then the manuscript readers will hack my sense of artistic self to bits. I'll have to remind myself that "Faithful are the wounds inflicted by one's friends."

I've already started writing the fifth draft. The trials and tribulations of perfectionism.

Maybe I can get back to some serious blogging next week. Must post the second part of my reply to Sam Harris. And I have some (more!) critiques of my brethren on the Christian Left.

Shalom

0 comments:

About Me

James Frank Solís
Former soldier (USA). Graduate-level educated. Married 26 years. Texas ex-patriate. Ruling elder in the Presbyterian Church in America.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive