20 July 2007
In a recent column – random thoughts – Thomas Sowell wants to know:

Has anyone actually seen Rachael Ray measure out the ingredients she puts into her cooking, instead of using a pinch of this and a handful of that?
Um, I’ve never seen Rachael Ray, except on the cover of her magazine when standing in line at the grocery store. But most of the men I know, to the extent that they would have any interest in Rachael Ray, are probably more interested in this than this.

The women who watch probably aren’t any more careful about measuring ingredients than Rachael is. I know my wife isn’t. I watch her make stuff all the time, and it certainly looks to me as if measuring cups and spoons exist only to get certain kinds of ingredients into the mix rather than certain amounts of ingredients.

NOTE: I had actually to look for those photos, so I don’t want to hear any crap. How did I know they were out there to find? Please. In this country?

0 comments:

About Me

James Frank Solís
Former soldier (USA). Graduate-level educated. Married 26 years. Texas ex-patriate. Ruling elder in the Presbyterian Church in America.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive