25 July 2006

Philologous...Sermonator?

As I mentioned in a previous post, which I inadvertantly deleted later, blogging was a little lighter than usual last week due to preparation for a sermon I was asked to deliver.  Before that post and it’s attendant comments were  deleted, several people expressed an interest in it.  It’s posted here.

CAVEAT:  I am not a pastor.  In fact, many people have difficulty “placing” me.  Let me help you:  Some years ago I was talking to an acquaintance about my research interests and some other matters.  After a few minutes he said, “So, if all you Christians were like an army, you work in the intelligence branch.”  I don’t know about all that, but I can’t come up with a better word-picture.  Although…I was thinking more like strategic studies than military  intelligence: I’m more egg-head than spook.  The Oracle could judge how apt these word pictures are.

0 comments:

About Me

James Frank Solís
Former soldier (USA). Graduate-level educated. Married 26 years. Texas ex-patriate. Ruling elder in the Presbyterian Church in America.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive