11 April 2007

Saxual Innuendo

For you sax lovers out there. And you know who you are.

When I was in high school I wanted to have a saxophone quintet that I wanted to call Supersax. A group of us sax players, all male, sat around one lazy Sunday afternoon and came up with album names for the quintet. (Album is a medieval term which you'll probably have to look up in the Oxford English Dictionary.) Bear in mind I was a reprobate young man, with a proclivity for certain types of puns.

Saxuality

Saxual Tension

Graphic Sax

Saxual Temptation

Saxually Explicit

Heterosaxuality (A concept album. It’s a sax quintet; everybody plays a different type of saxophone.)

Saxual Fantasies

Sax Scenes

Sax Therapy

Bisaxuality (Another concept album: Sax duets. Get it?)

Transaxual (Concept: members of the quintet play saxes other than their specialty; mine were tenor and baritone, so maybe I’d play alto or soprano sax)

Saxual Release

Saxual Experimentation

Saxual Identity

Saxual Virility

Saxual Fidelity

Group Sax

Homosaxuality (Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.)

Saxual Expression

Saxual Intercourse

Saxual Promiscuity

Saxist Pigs

Sax Education

Casual Sax

Loose Saxuality

Just Having Sax

Bodascious Sax

Sax Appeal

Saxual Healing (You Marvin Gaye fans knew it was only a matter of time)

Alas, a group of jazz saxophonists beat us to it in a way. As it turned out, there was already a group called Supersax. And we just couldn’t think of another name that we liked as much as that.

Why I am I publishing this?

Confession is good for the soul. I needed to get that off my chest. At last I can put the past behind me and move on.

1 comments:

Chastity said...

This is cool!

About Me

James Frank Solís
Former soldier (USA). Graduate-level educated. Married 26 years. Texas ex-patriate. Ruling elder in the Presbyterian Church in America.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive