04 June 2006

And speaking of liberal strawmen...

I mentioned Molly Ivins below. The same day my paper published her rant, they published a cartoon depicting a national guardsmen standing at his mailbox with his wife. He was reading a letter from the National Guard, and telling his wife, "I've been called up for duty. The President needs me to defend the nation from cheap produce and affordable landscaping." I'd love to tell you the cartoonist's name and the paper he draws for, but neither is legible.

This is what I mean when I say that the left do not know their opponents. Or maybe they do but they have no arguments against our actual positions, so they make up positions that are easily refuted. That's got to be it.

0 comments:

About Me

James Frank Solís
Former soldier (USA). Graduate-level educated. Married 26 years. Texas ex-patriate. Ruling elder in the Presbyterian Church in America.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive